O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year Thanksgiving was a little different- I had a helper in the kitchen! In the past years, I have done everything. This year, I was blessed with my son’s help. He stood by me the whole time cooking, chopping, measuring, and stirring. Thank you Tiger! I couldn’t have done it without him.

I got asked so many times what we had for dinner since we didn’t eat turkey. Here is our table spread. It was quite tasty. Nov 2012 104

The little dish in the upper right has roasted Brussels sprouts with roasted garlic and lemon sauce. Yams with apples, salad, cranberry sauce, and “special juice.” Nov 2012 105

Stuffing and lentil loaf. I am still working on finding the lentil loaf we like best. This one was not the best. :(Nov 2012 107

Mashed potatoes too!

Nov 2012 106

And of course the ever important pies… chocolate pecan and pumpkin. Both pies are made with sprouted grain flour. The Chocolate Pecan is vegan. I used this recipe. Really watch how long it bakes- if it over bakes it will burn. This one was delicious!Nov 2012 109 Nov 2012 111 Nov 2012 110

No comments:

Post a Comment