O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Monday, April 29, 2013

Writing doesn’t have to be boring…

Tiger has wanted an iPod Touch for years. I have no plans to give him one- he doesn’t need more media access in his life to distract him from life- but his desire for one provided fodder for his writing lessons today.

Tiger has continued to use Essentials in Writing. Today he was working on a persuasive business letter. Here is his letter minus the heading and other identifying information:

Dear __________:

Thank you for allowing me to share my views and opinions. I request that you buy me an iPod Touch. It would affect both of us in a positive way. For example, it would prove easier for you if you could text instructions, praises, needs, and more via the iPod. Also, with a whole slew of educational apps on the market, they could quickly and dramatically improve my speed in math, music, and other educational skills. I promise to use games very sparingly, and only choose uplifting and brain-requiring games. I remember you saying that I am getting older and with responsibility comes more privileges. This is an excellent example. I think it would be a wonderful choice on your part. I recommend Amazon, because they are much cheaper than the original retailer. For your reference, I would like the fifth model, 32gb, and the color blue. Thank you so much for listening to my views and opinions.

Sincerely,

___________

 

I think I might need to write a business letter in return!

No comments:

Post a Comment