O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Monday, January 2, 2012

Games, Vacations, and Family

Getting 4 kids looking at the camera AND cute is hard... Miraculously Christmas Eve I succeeded. Here are the kids in their new Christmas pjs:


I really love Nicholeen Peck's book Teaching Self Government. It is so good about not only helping the family to develop a way of discipline but more importantly teaching a family that what matters MOST is relationships. When the relationships are in tact, the rest is much easier.
My husband is lucky enough to have the week between Christmas and New Years off. We have spent this past week playing games, laughing, doing crafts, and building the annual Cub Scout Pinewood Derby car. So much fun!


I have been doing some product reviews for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. I was lucky enough to get a book about building a pinewood derby car. Last year, my son was last place- the car barely made it down the track- and both my husband and son needed a little help to get started and do a better job this year. Tiger and my husband have been using it as a point of reference:



We have also been enjoying playing Catan. 


Other activities this holiday have included Bowling- I love that the ball matched the dress my 2 year old was wearing! Strawberry wanted to take a turn with the ball.


  


So none of us managed to break 100... But I did get close!






No comments:

Post a Comment