O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Who says we can't be creative with Shakespeare!

The children and I reached Shakespeare in The Story of the World. I checked out Lois Burdett's A Midsummer Night's Dream for Kids and Bruce Colville's retelling of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

After reading them, the children decided it would be fun to make paper bag puppets and retell the story ourselves. Tiger got a bit creative with his version of why Hermia doesn't want to marry Demetrius...
I will let Tiger tell you why...

Here are the first 4 puppets. 3 have two separate faces.
Top L-R Demetrius, Hippolyta, Bottom L-R Lysander, Hermia

Same puppets with their other heads. Hermia has a closed mouth and an open mouth for talking

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!

    Welcome to the Crew.

    Blessings,

    Heather

    ReplyDelete