O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Monday, October 8, 2012

Story Time

Each day I read to the children out of a book. In order to help the children stay quiet while reading stories, I will give them coloring pages or paper to draw on.

We are currently studying the pilgrims and early settlers in the US. Before the pilgrims came from England, they left England and went to Holland to escape persecutions. While the story of Hans Brinker or the Silver Skates has nothing to do with the colonies, it does have to do with Holland. So far it is a wonderful book that I can't believe I missed! Thankfully, through the Early Settlers study we are working through I found it. 

This is the picture that Butterfly drew today.

scan0005

Here are a couple of the coloring pages recently completed from a fabulous coloring book I found at the homeschool consignment store. They are from a coloring book by Sue Coccia.I love the designs. some of these pages kept my children busy for several readings.

Sept 2012 003 Sept 2012 001 Sept 2012 002

No comments:

Post a Comment