O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Congratulations Butterfly, Tiger, and B!

Feb 2013 053 Feb 2013 062

Last night the results were read and they all passed their most recent tests!

Butterfly had one of the best tests she has ever had. Sensei presented her with her blue belt with black stripe. Feb 2013 052 

Sensei gave me the honor of presenting Tiger his San Kyu or first degree brown belt last night. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a picture! It was very humbling to present that belt to my son. He has earned it. He has been training for 6 years now and slowly crawled through the ranks. I have witnessed him go from a barely five year old kid who ALWAYS had the wrong hand and wrong foot forward to a focused, determined young man. His technique improves all the time. This past test he looked very strong. He had great focus and much improved stances since 4 months ago.

Then Sensei also gave me the honor of presenting B with his Ni Kyu or second degree brown belt. This time I got smart and asked Sensei to take pictures.  I obviously wasn’t in uniform as I was on the sidelines with all the girls. Not only that, but my gi barely ties around my belly at this point. So, to me, it looks a little odd to be wearing street clothes and presenting the belts, but either way, I felt quite honored. The first one is the presentation of the belt and the second picture is the final bow.

Feb 2013 055   Feb 2013 056

No comments:

Post a Comment