O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Monday, December 23, 2013

Make It Monday- Chili Baked Potatoes

I was having a super busy day and B was working from home. I realized at 10 that I had to feed everyone lunch and we were out of bread. I also realized that I didn’t have time to do much for lunch. So, I pulled out my trusty thermal cooker and I made chili and baked potatoes. YUM! Since I was in a hurry and didn’t have time to chop veggies, I used some Thrive veggies I had on hand. I learned that the thermal cooker is the best place to rehydrate freeze dried beans. I find that the freeze dried beans can be burntish tasting when boiled but thermal cooked, they taste fresh and delicious!December 2013 214

Step 1- scrub potatoes and place whole in the bottom of the thermal cooker. I chose to use Yukon gold potatoes but russets and reds work too.

 December 2013 206

Step 2- cover with water and bring to a boil for 2-4 minutes. (Make sure that the top part of the pot fits on top of the potatoes and water so air space is used up).

Step 3- Mix together some freeze dried onions, carrots, beans, and mushrooms (fresh could be used for sure, but I was in a huge hurry so I used some freeze dried food storage). Add the correct amount of water and some chili powder and bring to a boil.

Step 4- Place both pots into the thermal cooker and close. Come back in 2 or more hours. Season the chili with a little salt and maybe some left over tomato sauce. Adjust the chili seasoning if necessary.

December 2013 207  

Step 5- Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment