O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tiger’s Charity Fundraising Project(Sorry I keep writing things in your blog mom, but this is for school and I’m giving people another thing to read.)

I have been doing Williamsburg intermediate this fall, which is a private online school(You may have already heard) and will continue it this winter. I love almost Everything about it(In fact, the things I dislike most is canceled classes) and it is a wonderful place to learn. I did a project for one of my classes called the 30 Days of Gratitude, and posted it earlier on this website. But for THIS project, I am doing something else.  I have been doing a Humanities class. Humanities is, well essentially History. We have been studying Latin America this term. For the entire 18 week term, we have studied the time period from mostly 1500s to the present. To look at what I have been learning, go Here and Here. We have not been just learning about history but the present. What is going on in Brazil, and Mexico, and Argentina right now? What is their economy like? We have been learning about those types of questions. We also learned that many people do not  have essentials, like running water, or gas, or shoes, or electricity. So, we took a further look. Kids and teenagers of the family’s must go to the village water supply(A pretty big group of people lives off of this water) and then must hike several miles back to there homes carrying heavy buckets of water, without being late for school! We recognized this and came up with an idea. We would raise money to build water cisterns in Mexico for these Familys. Then, we partnered with a charity called CHOICE Humanitarian. They have been around for quite a while(since 1992 I think) and are around a $2,000,000 Charity. Check out their website Here. Then, all the students were required to use there creativity and Fund raise a specified amount that was there own goal of what they wanted to raise. My personal goal was 50 dollars and  have so far raised 20(somebody donated, crediting my name) Here is the fundraising website. If you follow my mom on Facebook, you may have seen her post this website. Anyone is welcome to donate. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment