O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Butterfly’s Essay on Karate

One of the requirements for the Karate badge for Frontier Girls was to write a short essay answering the question “How can martial arts make you a better person?”  The essay was supposed to mention some of the things that martial arts had taught her. Here is her essay (spelling and punctuation original except her name has been changed):

Karate has taught me self-control, to listen, and not to “count butterflys.” (thats what I call it…) When I was little, my Sensei was alwas telling me: “switch hands, Butterfly! switch feet, Butterfly!” but it has paid off. I am now a blue belt.Feb 2013 043

No comments:

Post a Comment