O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Thursday, May 17, 2012

4th Day of Science- Pinterest and Rain Clouds

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/Blog%20Stuff/5%20Days%20Blog%20Hop/handsonscience.jpg (To the tune of 12 Days of Christmas) 
On the 4th day of Science, my children came to me with an amazing board on pinterest!

Pinterest often has many great ideas. I try not to get sucked in to searching because I have so many other things to do, but occasionally I will visit pinterest for ideas. This week I found a fabulous board with an array of activities for preschool-4th grade. The owner of the board is a homeschooling mom and amazingly her board is called Hands-on Science. Note: I did not steal her title!

So, without further adieu, the pinterest board is found here.

Some activities you might find hidden on it include a recipe for oobleck along with exploration suggestions,
nature study ideas for May, and a model of photosynthesis and a model of a rain cloud. Take a moment and browse. It might spark your science creativity!

Here are some pictures of the model raincloud my family did.







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment