O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Great School Day

Yesterday morning while we ate breakfast, we talked about our day today. Tiger mentioned that all his friends at church were jealous that his classes didn’t start until Wednesday but he felt envious that they go to t return to school on Monday. I love that he loves to learn so much and doesn’t dread to go back to school. I feel sad for those who do. After family work, we had our devotional. We read a chapter of scriptures and discussed them. Pumpkin Pie is growing so much in her reading abilities. Today she was able to follow along while Tiger read his verses. It was the first time where she was able to follow along. We read poetry and then I sent Tiger off to do his work. He read from Do Hard Things and also from Treasure Island before doing some math. photoButterfly practiced piano while I did math with Pumpkin Pie and Strawberry. I also read some stories with the girls. Butterfly returned to do some history and math work. Then we wrote thank you letters and the girls made pictures with patterned tape.

 photophoto

I am amazed at Butterfly’s creativity. She used several different tapes to make a swan. While the girls wrote their thank you letters, I cleaned my desk off and wrote my thank you letters too.  photo

After lunch, we watched the old Fiddler on the Roof movie and discussed it. Then the kids played Setters of Catan, had dinner and stories and went to bed. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment