O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Relationships and Family work

One of the things I really like about homeschooling is the opportunity to teach my children to work together. I believe that the family is the central unit of society and true socialization begins in the family setting. Children are best socialized first within the home before they go out into the world. If my children can learn to disagree appropriately with each other, accept criticism and no answers from each other, and create positive interactions, then they can succeed in life with strangers.

I have two videos for today. The first was taken a few days ago. Strawberry noticed that everyone was doing their family work and she said to me, "Mommy, I am doing my family work too!" I looked over to see her working on folding napkins. She is 2 1/2.

This second video was today. Tiger, Butterfly, and Pumpkin Pie were able to go to a magic show today with some friends and Strawberry stayed home for a nap. She woke up as everyone got home. Immediately, she jumped in my arms and hugged me tight. Then she went to Pumpkin Pie...



No comments:

Post a Comment