O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Psalms 43:3

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. D&C 88:118

The kids

The kids

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Announcing the Schoolhouse Review Crew Blue Ribbon Awards

Over the past couple of years, I have done reviews in various capacities for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. This past year I have been on the Schoolhouse Review Crew. Being on the Review Crew has been a huge blessing to my family and children. We have gotten to review things I would have otherwise not known about that really excited my children’s learning. Things like EEME, Supercharged Science, MathRider, and many others. 

Those of us on the Schoolhouse Review Crew get the opportunity to vote for our very favorite products that we reviewed at the end of the year.

Even though it didn’t make the top list for best Science Resource, I highly recommend Supercharged Science. We have done so many experiments and learned so much with it. Everything from making ice cream, making instant ice, roller coasters, and mousetrap race cars, to basics like Newton’s laws.

I think one of my favorites was the Picaboo Yearbook. As a result of my review on it, our co-op created their own yearbook using Picaboo. It as equally as amazing. For this year, we are again making our yearbook with them. Absolutely love Picaboo Yearbooks.

Tiger’s favorite was the Homeschool Programming. Butterfly’s favorite was ARTistic Pursuits. Pumpkin Pie also loved Supercharged Science.  Strawberry’s choice of Fundanoodle was a top pick for many.

Drum roll please…

Today, we get to award the Blue Ribbon to several of our favorites. Click on the graphic below to be taken to the crew blog and see who the winners are! My favorite online resource- Supercharged Science won one of the awards! Among the winners are some well-known companies and some not so well known companies. So excited that YWAM Publishing won Favorite History Resource. It was truly a great one.

blueribbon

Did any of your favorites win?

1 comment: